Digital Storytelling and Blended Learning

Expanding 21st-Century Literacy Skills Using Digital Storytelling

Hello world!

July 15, 2011 by Gayle Nicholls · 2 Comments · Uncategorized

Today’s students need to develop 21st-century literacy skills that include digital, visual, textual, and technological proficiencies.

Digital storytelling can be used as an instructional tool to increase information literacy, writing, and computer technology skills. However, educators are using digital storytelling to innovate ways of engaging student learning in many various areas.

This blog makes an attempt to understand how students are engaging in their technology experience. I also want to hear from other educators and exchange ideas about their technology experiences and uses of digital storytelling in the classroom.

How does technology engage students in their learning experience? When educators using digital storytelling to enhance their instruction? Is the classroom the only place where students can learn? How are students engaged in their own learning experience through face to face interactions, online collaborations or a combination of online and face to face meetings?

I am hoping to gather information in discussion about pedagogies and ways to incorporate digital storytelling into the instructional design of public school curriculum.

2 Comments so far ↓

• Jaime

looking forward to hearing about digital storytelling!

• bonnie K

Gayle,
    Like Jaime, I’m very interested to hear about your work with digital storytelling. DS has been my entree and passion into the digital world.
    Bonnie